Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC) Exam Preparation
I took and passed my CNSC exam in 2019 and am currently studying for my 5-year recertification. Here are some of my tried and true resources:
- NBCNSC Handbook (start here)
- Clinical Nutrition University is a great place to brush up on your clinical knowledge
- ASPEN Nutrition Support Fundamentals course
- ASPEN’s Clinical Practice Library
- ASPEN Adult Core Curriculum and Pediatric Core Curriculum
- Dietitians in Nutrition Support dietetic practice group – their YouTube channel is great, as is their forum and Support Line, their newsletter (Academy and DNS membership required to view forum and newsletter)
- CSPEN’s CNSC Study Group – the only ASPEN chapter that I know of who offers this. They have a 100% pass rate! It’s very affordable and I can attest the group moderator is so knowledgeable.
- CNSC exam flashcards (play for free below).
-Sara Griffin, MS, RDN, CNSC
CNSC Exam Prep Flashcards
You may see flashcard decks on Quizlet with my website listed in the title. These are plagiarized duplicates of my original Quizlet flashcards. I no longer update the legacy flashcards on Quizlet, and these duplicates are not mine. Please do not use them.
Use these to jumpstart your CNSC Exam studying. Some answers will be very difficult to memorize; when you get these wrong, simply read through the answer and say it out loud to commit it to memory.
*Note: all content is taken from ASPEN guidelines. Expertise of the practitioner is essential in all situations, none of these flashcards are absolutes, and guidelines should always be used in combination with best judgement. Guidelines change; consult the most recent ASPEN Core Curriculum if you notice a discrepancy*