Nutritional Support Skills Course
This course is designed for the dietetic intern, entry-level RDN, or anyone working in or transitioning to the clinical world. Also a great place to launch your CNSC study prep. Wait, you say, how can this course be for everybody? I excel at explaining things in a digestible manner, and explain everything from the very basics (stomach anatomy) to advanced nutrition support topics (acid-base balance).
This course covers all the essentials of enteral (EN) and parenteral nutrition (PN). You will learn when to choose EN over PN, how to access the GI tract or veins to provide these therapies, which formula to choose, and how to do all the nutrition support math. The course also covers what to do when things go awry, how to monitor and adjust nutrition support orders, special considerations for COVID-19 patients, and how to advocate for your patients and yourself.
- 15 CPEs for Registered Dietitians
- Thirteen video lectures (10 hours) – pretend a clinical preceptor is sitting down with you to teach you nutrition support for 10 hours. You can’t find that anywhere.
- Introduction and how to use this course
- Advocating for yourself and your patients, with separate modules tailored toward interns and dietitians
- Nutrition support ethics
- NEW: Refeeding syndrome risk
- Enteral nutrition indications and access
- Enteral nutrition formulas
- Enteral nutrition calculations
- Enteral nutrition problem solving and miscellaneous
- Parenteral indications, access and compilation
- Parenteral nutrition calculations
- Parenteral nutrition monitoring and problem solving
- Medications in nutrition support
- Nutrition support for the COVID-19 patient
- Four competency quizzes with auto-grade and completion certificates:
- Pre-course quiz
- Enteral nutrition quiz
- Parenteral nutrition quiz
- Post-course quiz
- Eight enteral and parenteral nutrition case study-style worksheets with step-by-step video answer keys (something very unique about my course is, rather than throwing answer keys at you, I explain the nuances behind each case study, to help you see patients as a whole and understand the art, as well as the science, of nutrition support)
- Three vocabulary sheets with thorough explanations
- Evidence-based resource guide with all of my favorite nutrition support articles to fill your digital clinical library (you’ll refer to these articles again and again throughout your rotations and work)
- Unique EN and PN access images showing you exactly where these tubes and IVs are placed
- Free gifts to help you study
- 60-page starter binder with full-color copies of enteral nutrition formulary, all worksheets, vocabulary sheets, vocabulary answer keys and evidence-based resources*
Empowerment is a crucial part of this course. Finish the course empowered with the knowledge and confidence to advocate for your patients and yourself every single day . A whole module of the Nutrition Support Skills course is dedicated to this topic, complete with tips from a seasoned clinical dietitian to help you live your best professional life.
Students receive 18-month access to online portal. The worksheets, resources, binder, and all the knowledge and empowerment you gain are yours for life.
Honest Pricing Policy: if you can’t afford the course, email me and we’ll work something out. I use a modified version of this Honest Pricing Policy for individual courses.
*Binder ships for free to contiguous US; for addresses outside of this shipping area, a digital binder is provided
Course Cost - $499